From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Menu are shift

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I use CVI 2017 and the problem is that all context Menu from CVI and created Programs with CVI are shift left, for example see the attachment( It show the open file menu). This Problem have I only on CVI programs, all another context Menu are open at the correct position. How can I fix this problem because is the window on the left site of the monitors the context menu are open out of the monitor area.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,598 Views)

Hi HD_Rieper,

do you have some more information about your system?

Have you tried to Repair/Reinstall CVI?

Best wishes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,539 Views)

Hi Dennis,

To your second question I have not tried to Repair/Reinstall CVI 2017, but before I install CVI 2017 CVI 2015 was install on the Computer and this has the same error.

To the first question: On the Computer runs Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with an Intel Core i5-7300U and 8GB ram.

HD_Rieper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,505 Views)

Hi HD_Rieper,

do you have the same issue on a second computer?Are you able to provide me with an MAX Report so that I might be able to reproduce this issue?

Here you find a guide to create such a report:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

So far I can not reproduce your issue an would suggest a clean install of your Windows System.

Best wishes

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,490 Views)

I have the same issue using CVI2017 on Windows-10.

It seems to be related to a desktop environment with multiple screens.I run the system on a laptop in a docking station. There is the native laptop screen and two screens connected to the docking station.

The issue is not present when I run the laptop stand-alone with the native screen only. When I start CVI in the docked setup on one of the additional screens I get pull down menus and context menus shifted. Sometimes actually to a position outside the screen. A similar situation seems to be present in the screenshoot posted here already and I have added 3 more with this post. Right is the native laptop screen and the wide area on the left are two other screens.

The menu dispalcement actually depends on the position on the screen. (see screenshots) May be there are windows compatibility settings to get this fixed but have no idea yet.

I have seen such a behaviour with some single older windows programs already. I wonder if newer windows versions have added API functions for multi-screen environments that are not handled correctly.

Best regards, Thomas.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HD_Rieper

Seems one part of the game is the scaling for high resolution screens. Identify the location of the cvi .exe and open properties/compatibility. Windows has kind of a wizard that could lead you to the result in the screenshoot below.

Good Luck  🙂 Thomas.

Message 6 of 7
(3,393 Views)

I was able to fix this with disable fullscreen. thanks for the solutionsDisable Fullscreen.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,890 Views)