From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility issues between CVI 8.0.1/Win XP and CVI 2017/Win 10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to port a software presently running with CVI 8.0.1, Win XP, DAQmx january 2011

to run with CVI 2017, Windows 10, last DAQ mx version.

This software uses multithreading and is designed to generate analog/digital signals up to 100 kHz and to simultaneously and continuously read ana/dig channels, draw to screen and save measures up to 400kHz (screen refresh and save to disk is timed to 100ms).

Apart from 32/64 bits problems (I think we'll keep 32 bits), what kind of problems I may encounter ?

Is there any place where I can find documentation on obsolete functions between CVI 8.0.1 and 2017 ?

Is there anything I need to pay attention to by changing from Win XP to Win 10 (uir files, multi-threading, etc.) ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,198 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author snpro

Potentially the biggest risk is the change in compiler made in 2013. I ran into one specific one here but the outline of the changes in 2013 appears here.  Overall you can see the history of updates to CVI here.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
(2,163 Views)

Thanks very much Ian.

For sure, I'll get compile errors due to some 2013 changes... => I'll carefully read all updates history (Wow, 10 versions to check... Fun !)

Thank for the links.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,158 Views)