LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Crash

Dear all,

I have an application that can read measues from a PLC, this application can also write a file .log that containing all measurements and display them on a graph.

This application sometimes (not always) crashes and this happens as I navigate the graph or if I am simply recording the measurements on disk in the .log file

I have the DUMP file and the event information from "WIndows Security and Maintenance".

You will find the analyze information of the dump file in the .txt file attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,273 Views)

If anyone have got any ideas or solution I will be grateful to you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,273 Views)

As a general rule, you should check inside Windows Event Viewer looking for error messages related to the app crash. Such messages normally report which is the faulty module and the address where the fault happened. If the faulty module is your app, you can match the error address with the map file generated while compiling the application in order to confine the area of interest to a specific function in your program.

Additionally, I see in dump_file_info a note about a breakpoint with a stack that eventually points to a system library: if this is true I see no possibility to debug the error condition, but a check for system updates could hopefully fix the situation.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,262 Views)

Dear Roberto,

First of all thanks for the support.

I attached the event viewer information about the error.

I want to clarify that this problem happens on multiple computers.

I don't really know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,256 Views)

What I was intending is to take a look at an event record like that:

Screenshot 2021-10-04 15.30.49.png

Now, the fields listed in this view can be easily remapped to those in your file, giving you an  error code and address.

By looking at the map file generated during compilation, which shows the starting memory address of each function in the program, you can locate the function on error and the file where it is located.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 15.35.49.png

This won't give you the exact instruction on error but can it can be of help since it narrows the area of interest to a sigle function in your application.

Having said this, I don't understand how your MyApp.exe relates to WinKratos.exe which, as far as I kow, is a third-party proprietary software. If you don't have the source code of the application all the info given above will be useless.

(3,229 Views)

Forgot to say that unfortunately exception code 0xc0000005 is a very general one that indicates a memory access error and may arise in a large variety of situation.

(3,225 Views)

Roberto,

Really Thnaks but how do i know the value from the fault offset to the map file?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,216 Views)

My fault offset: 0x00007fdf

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,215 Views)

You must find the closest lower address in File Address column of the map file, that identifies the function where the error arises.

(3,185 Views)

Nice Roberto really thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,178 Views)