From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the LabWindows™/CVI 2019 Beta Program!

I am pleased to announce that the LabWindows™/CVI 2019 Beta Program is now open for registration. As a beta program member, you will be among the first to use the next LabWindows™/CVI release - providing you the opportunity to give NI feedback and to test your existing projects against the latest LabWindows™/CVI features. Major features include:

• Upgraded Source Editor – This release features a new source editor, which greatly expands the functionality and usability of the editor. The new source editor has a ton of new features within it that we'd love to hear your feedback about how they work for you.
  • Build Packages in the CVI Distribution Builder – National Instruments is adding packages as a distribution option for applications built in our IDEs that can be managed through NI Package Manager (NIPM).
  • TestStand Integration  We recognize many systems rely on the integration between LabWindows/CVI and TestStand. In LabWindows/CVI 2019, we added new features to further automate this integration. 

To sign up for the LabWIndows/CVI 2019 Beta, complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Beta Program Resource Center (com/beta), select LabWindows/CVI 2019 from the list of software, and click Submit.
  2. Complete the beta application. This information helps us to understand what features of LabWindows/CVI are most important to our customers. Please ensure that you read and accept the Terms and Conditions of the beta program so that you can be approved.
  3. After you submit your request, please be patient with us as we process your application. Once you are approved, navigate to the Beta Program Resource Center (com/beta) to access the beta software.

Registration does not necessarily guarantee you a position in the beta program. Determination of acceptance into the program is up to the sole discretion of National Instruments.

Please email your feedback directly to the Beta Coordinator at cvi.beta@ni.com. We are especially interested in feedback regarding the upgraded Source Editor and the NI Package support in the CVI Distribution Editor. To report issues, log on to the Beta website and click the Report a Bug link. Please do not post questions or feedback about the beta on the NI Discussion forums. Posts that reference the beta or beta features will be removed (aside from this one, naturally).

I look forward to working with you during this Beta, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Kevin F.

Staff Product Support Engineer | Automated Test Software R&D

National Instruments

Message 1 of 9
(5,280 Views)

When is the "official" release of LabWindows/CVI planned?

Message 2 of 9
(4,346 Views)

LabWindows/CVI 2019 has been released on May 15,2019, according this page:
http://www.ni.com/it-it/support/downloads/software-products/download.labwindows-cvi.html
No official announcements, as far as I know.
I'm downloading it as I'm writing.

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,093 Views)

CVI 2019 beta version is not in the list at the link provided.

Is participation in the CVI 2019 beta version program no longer available?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,700 Views)

LabWindows/CVI 2019 has been released, so its beta program is closed.

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,691 Views)

So, ahem, is CVI for Linux likely to receive an upgrade anytime soon ? It's not 2013 anymore...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,670 Views)

I looked at the CVI application pages but could not find where it said the current version for sale was the V.2019. 

I didn't scour the pages trying to find it, but one would think it would be immediately obvious, you know? Kind of makes it hard to determine if you need an upgrade or not.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,668 Views)

In any case I would consider it useful if NI could update the related product pages (two months after release) such as

as usual: thanks Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
(3,663 Views)

Thanks for the links.  After some searching, we found the CVI 2019 download.  Just one word of warning.  If you use a volume license, the NI 4.4 License Manager that is installed with 2019 is compatible only with the NI Volume License Manger 3.1.1. and above.  

Message 9 of 9
(3,647 Views)