LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Output with external clock PCI 6733

Hello,

I am trying to use an external clock to drive an analog output on the PCI 6733 card. By looking at the examples, i was able to make it work, but it appears that only half of the samples are written, or there is an empty clock cycle in between each samples.

For example if i want to write 1V at the first clock cycle, 2V at the second, 3 V at the third, and 4 V at the fourth, what will happen is that only 1V and 2V will be written, with 0V in the middle.

I took a picture of the output and the clock with hand drawn of what i expected for clarity.

F0013TEK - Copie.png

What i want is the red curve, meanning an update of the values at each clock cycle. The external clock comes from a signal generator and is connected to PFI5.

Joined is a really simple example of how i generated the output.

I have tried to change multiple things on the code, without sucess. I am pretty sure i am missing something. What should i do to get the expected output ?

Thank you,

Romain

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,543 Views)

Quick update, it seems to work correctly when i use DAQmxWriteAnalogF64 with the values directly in volts. So it is probably a problem with the way i use DAQmxWriteRaw.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,522 Views)