From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantech USB-5856 with Labwindows

Hello everyone,

I want to use the USB-5856 board for my application "with inductive input sensors and actuators such as pneumatic output valves". 

I need to know if Advantech products can work with labwindows? cause i didn't find the driver.

I ask you if you can help me to find a DLL for this card or an instrument driver for I can realize my code under labwindows
cordially,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,505 Views)

Any Help plss ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,480 Views)

OuadieAdnan

I found on Advantech's website that the USB 5800 series modules are supported by LabVIEW but not specifically LabWindows, I would contact them to make sure the device is compatible. However, the 5800 series modules are compatible with other C based programming tools such as Visual Studio, so I would not see why there would be an issue with it working with LabWindows.  With regards to the DLL, that would be up to Advantech to supply to you. I would contact them and ask if they have a DLL for your device. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,461 Views)

WhiteA thank's dear for your reponse,

actually that's what I found too this map is supported by LabVIEW but not specifically LabWindows. I hope that you will find for me a solution thank you infinitely 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,453 Views)

OuadieAdnan,

Since the instrument driver is supported by LabVIEW, you can also use this with LabWindows. However, There might not be a specific LabWindows project to build from, you would have to use the Visa functions.

Again, I would contact Advantech because they would have the necessary DLL for you to use with LabWindows. 

If you have further questions on how to do this, I would recommend opening a service request  either online or calling 1 (800) 531-5066 and we can assist you further. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,449 Views)

WhiteA thank’s Sir you will help me a lot I hope that they have a DLL « driver » so I can use it in LabWindows directly without using VISA.

I’m  kindly waiting for you feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,439 Views)