cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom in and out

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

in labview 8.6 I know I can zoom in by hold ctrl+alt+ drag mouse but i dont know how to zoom out back.

Also how to give presentation in labview like anything other than navigation window

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(45,514 Views)

Are you talking about the front panel, the block diagram, or a Picture control?

Ctrl-Alt-Drag (actually just Ctrl-Drag) will create more space in a block diagram or front panel pushing items down and to the right based on the size of the rectangle you drag out.  This is not the same as zooming.

What are you looking for when you say "how to give presentation in labview like anything other than navigation window"?

Zooming in and out on block diagrams has been an often requested feature with a lot of debate as to whether that feature is really necessary or should be implemented.

If you are talking about something else, please clarify.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-11-2009 08:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(45,510 Views)

There's a Navigation Window pick in the View menu (Ctrl+Shift+N) that'll give you a zoomed-out view.  This is useful when you're sure there's a control somewhere, but just don't know where it is.  OpenG has a Bird's Eye View tool that isn't working for me right now...

Jim 

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 12
(45,483 Views)

I have used navigation window, but it dims out some part and shows the rest but it does not really zoomout for me.

By presentation i mean like if I have a block diagram on VI and I want to presenation mode by just showing the block diagram, like I have option in print out mode what to print. similar.

ctrl+Alt+drag creates space and what if dont want space and or wants to reduce space on block diagram. how to invert it other than redo thing.

Some time you create block diagram and becomes so big that you can not see on one screen shot, how to fit or squeeze in .

these were few of my questions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(45,470 Views)

Ctrl-drag (Alt is not necessary) creates space on the block diagram. There is no "reverse" action that does the opposite. This has also been discussed and debated many times on this forum (recent thread).

If your block diagram is becoming "too big" then that's usually a sign that your code structure needs to be improved. Perhaps you are not using subVIs as much as you should, or perhaps you may have Rube Goldberg code. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(45,460 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tmdar

Take a look at the Code Capture Tool (and, here).   The file I attached definintely doesn't fit on one screen; I made the image using the CCT from LAVA.

The Code Capture Tool (or CCT) is a LabVIEW development tool targeted at LabVIEW users to capture images of their code and make it easier to share those images in online forums.

tmdar wrote:

Some time you create block diagram and becomes so big that you can not see on one screen shot, how to fit or squeeze in .

You can ALWAYS make it fit on one screen.

Jim

Message Edited by jcarmody on 02-12-2009 10:05 AM
Message Edited by jcarmody on 02-12-2009 10:07 AM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 12
(45,455 Views)

this code capture tool is very interesting

this definitely could solve the presentation part of my querry

Any idea about zooming out or fixing the space between the block diagrams rather than just draging them to place.

thanks for good reply

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(45,432 Views)

tmdar wrote:

Any idea about zooming out or fixing the space between the block diagrams rather than just draging them to place.

Nothing for zooming out.  The Clean Up Diagram tool might help with the spacing issue.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(45,416 Views)

what is cleanup diagram tool

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(45,405 Views)

It is a new feature in LabVIEW 806 that shows up under the Edit menu.  Also it has a shortcut of Ctrl-U.  It takes a look at the entire block diagram, works some magic in the background and moves nodes and wires around to try to come up with a nicer block diagram that reads from left to right, wires aligned, and excess space removed.

If you have free floating text notes, they may get moved from where you intended.  It isn't always perfect, but does a good job in trying to straighten things out.  I would recommend that anyone on the forum who opens up the ugly code of a user to make some modification to try to run this first before modifying, resaving, and posting it back to the forum.  You know it when you see those diagrams that have wires running in every direction with 20 bends in them.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(45,391 Views)