From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yokogawa wt1600 measurements

So I am writing some test automation software with 8.2.1 for the WT1600. I need to sample voltage and amperage on element 1 and 2 (as an example) at ~1hz. I am using the LV newest drivers for it. The setup VIs make sense but I don't see an obvious way to read the elements/channels? The  Read Preset Numeric Normal works OK but what are the presets? I can see some of the info I want but not all of it... Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,107 Views)

you can use the output item function

see the attachments

xufeng,ke@philips,com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,101 Views)
Thanks!

Looks like you're configuring then reading the numeric normal. I'll give this a shot.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,078 Views)

Hi,everyone,I have a problem about the connection with the WT1600.The devise can use serial and Ethernet port connect to PC,Now, I want to use Ethernet port,but there is a problem in the initiliaze,I bulide the default inport like this "TCPIP::192.168.0.10::10001::SOCKET",and a error said they can't identify the device.Who can tell me how to solve it?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,737 Views)
Did you add the device in MAX? Right click on Devices and Interfaces>Create New>VISA TCP/IP Resource. Follow the directions. You should first find out if your instrument is VXI-11 compliant.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,731 Views)
Thank you,Dennis.I didn't  add the device in MAX.I will have a try!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,725 Views)

Hello,

I have a similar problem connecting to a WT1600 device.

I have created the VISA device in MAX:

VISA_device_MAX

Now, I'm trying to connect to the device using User's Manual commands:

Trying to connect.PNG

Where WT1600 is my username, and there is no password needed. I know that I'm connecting to the device because it's answering to the first command with this:

wt1600_answer.PNG

I don't know if is asking for the username, if the username needs a "command" or something, if the way I send the username isn't correct... any clue on this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,325 Views)
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. According to the manual I looked at, the Ethernet port is not used for programming the instrument. Are you trying to use the ftp function?
Message 8 of 13
(4,305 Views)

Hello Dennis,

First of all, many thanks for the prompt reply. 

I would like to control the wt1600 by commands, using labVIEW drivers. I though that this could be possible via ethernet, but if you say that is not possible... Have you got any sample program using ftp function?

I have downloaded the trial version of WTViewer and connect it using ethernet and we can see values in "real-time". We have also try to do it using RS232-USB cable, but we could not connect, not with WTViewer, not with labVIEW. I'm getting Error -1073807298 after VISA read. I have used the same RS232-USB adapter with other instruments without any trouble, so I don't know what may happen.

Thanks!

David.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,278 Views)

Hi,

You can use the WT1600 with an Ethernet connection. As a start use the example program Yokogawa provided in the driver package.

Kees

Message 10 of 13
(4,268 Views)