From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph problem

It's my first time posting message here 🙂

I am trying to collect x and y data from two different physical channels and plot them together into the xy graph. However, I cannot see any curve plotted after I run the program. I tried to export the data from the xy graph, and find that there is data actually and I can plot it mannually in either Excel or Origin.

I don't know why the xy-graph doesn't give any plot, can you give me some suggestions?

The program is attached with this message.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,319 Views)

Are you intending to display the XY graph after the program finishes, or while it's running? The way you have it coded the XY graph is only updated after the loop (and consequently your program) ends. If you want the XY graph to be updated while the program is running then the code that's on the outside needs to be inside the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,309 Views)

For the Real Time Signal Display, try changing the data type from 1D Waveform to Array. This can be done by choosing from the options in the read.vi . Then right click the build array icon and choose concatenate, then it should function properly.

For the augere spectrum, as per your code you will see the plot only after you stop the program because it will be executed only when the program finishes executing the While Loop. However I think it will be the same as the Real Time one unless you are trying to do something else. 😉

For much better understanding if the X-Y plots and waveforms, go to Help>>Find Examples>> search for xy plots.

best of Luck 🙂

Sanju

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,300 Views)

Thank for your help!

For the "auger spectrum"(a XY graph), as you have mentioned, it should display plot only after I stop the program. However, the problem is that I cannot see any plot even after I stop the program. And actually there is data going into this XY graph when I stopped the program, I can export it from this XY graph to a *.txt file and really see it. I don't why...:-(

For the "real time signal display", is there anything wrong with my current settings? Actually I get good plot here. Is there any difference between using wave form data and array?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,271 Views)