LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-axis starting time problem Waveform Chart

Hello dear Labviewers..

My waveform chart has a starting time at 3434102306 as shown on the picture below. 

grappp.png

Here is a screenshot of my BD

Untitled.png

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,127 Views)

How can i handle that problem ?. I want a minimum value to "-100" and the maximum value to "0"

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,125 Views)

The last time you asked about that VI, you wanted the actual time on the x axis. Now you want -100 to 0? How does that relate to time? Are you sure that you don't mean the Y axis? What have you changed about the chart's properties? Your previous VI displayed the current time correctly once you made the recomended change to waveform data type.

Message 3 of 7
(3,104 Views)

Hi Dennis

The chart was running too fast last time. It didn't match with the clock time. I asked about that last time.

The problem is solved now, but i cant change the minimum value and the maximum value in the properties now. There are 100 second between those values as i want, but i cant edit those crazy billion numbers 

The reason why i need a "-100" value to minumum is because the data (samples) starts at the maximum side of the chart (right side), and therefore i will set the maximum value to "0".

I have only changed the type to "Floating point" 

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,095 Views)

I don't know what you have changed or really what you want. The chart was never running more than once a second - at least with the VI you posted. If you changed the x axis to floating point, then of course the time is not going to be show correctly when you input a waveform data type. It includes timing information that you wanted, I thought. If you don't want timing, get rid of the waveform data type and just use the DBL like you had before.

I still don't understand the -100 to 0. You don't want time on the x axis? What is the -100 to 0 supposed to represent then? The data does not start on the right side of the chart when I run your previous VI so I don't understand your comment at all.

You are aware that the chart will just keep scrolling since you have not provided any mechanism to automatically stop the while loop.

Message 5 of 7
(3,092 Views)

Ok. I want the relative time which starts at 0:00:00 everytime i run the VI. The problem occurs also when i switch to the "relative time" in properties, it starts at 0:00:00, and then i plug the DAQ device and suddenly the time starts at 9543324:00:0, and i cant change that value. 

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,056 Views)

*plug in 

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,055 Views)