From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing binary .raw file

Hi 

I am facing problem with writing binary file as .raw file. I have attached my VI please let me know whether I am mistaking with creating and writing files. I will appreciate your help. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,540 Views)

Your actual writing of the file looks fine to me.  If you wanted to make it a little simpler, you could actually not use the File Open and the File Close functions.  You can wire the path straight into the Write Binary File and if you don't wire the file reference out, it will close the file.  Were you having problems with something?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Thank you for your reply

I tried as per your suggestion but after writing its changing its size and written files are blank. I guess we have the follow with file open and close but I don't know how

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,504 Views)

Isn't the IMAQ purple wire a reference to image data rather than image data itself?

You are wiring the purple wire to the Binary Write rather than actual image data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,497 Views)

Wow, how did I miss the whole IMAQ stuff.  Must have been way too distracted this weekend.

If you want to save your images, then you should look at the IMAQ Write File VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,465 Views)