From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data in different columns of a spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet, and I want to be able to read/write data to different columns of the spreadsheet. Is this possible, and if so, how? I want to specify what column to read from. I have names in the fisrt column and dates in the second column, I want to read the first column and write to both of the columns.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,665 Views)

What kind of sreadsheet?  You know, this is a very heavily discussed topic.  You'd probably get your answer sooner if you did a search of the forum first.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,642 Views)

There are also Examples that ship with LabVIEW, some of which involve reading/writing SpreadSheets (also search for reading/writing Excel).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,610 Views)

Based on your other thread (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Write-to-spreadsheet-does-not-work/m-p/3014433#U3014433), you are using CSV files.  Since it is text, you will need to read the entire file (use Read Spreadsheet File) and then use Index Array and/or Array Subset to get what you need.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,586 Views)