LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write data from labview to mysql

we need some help with our project.

we are using labview to communicate with mysql. in mysql we have 2 tables, a cats and dogs tables, in the tablle for each animal, it has a field for name, breed, age, picture, and info.

we want to be able to enter all the information into a labview gui which is already created, but just not sure how to send the data over to mysql. 

also the mysql and labview are both local. please any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,139 Views)

What are you using to connect to the database? NI's toolkit or LabSQL? Both come with examples that should help you get started. You will be doing SQL INSERT commands but the NI toolkit hides some of the SQL language stuff. If you use LabSQL, I suggest finding a SQL tutorial on the web.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,137 Views)

Hi,

I think the easiest way to do this is by using the LabSQL tool kit. Going through the Test.vi from the attachement would give you an idea of how to do it. If this solves your problems, mark it as the solutionSmiley Wink

Regards,

Nitz

(Kudos are always WelcomeSmiley Wink)

Message 3 of 6
(6,120 Views)

I'm trying to solve another problem but this link might be useful for you too (see appended VI). You can see how LabSQL and DB Connectivity Toolkit are used.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,109 Views)

we are actually using the db toolkit to connect both of them, is there anyways someone can get an examples of a code to enter a row of data into a mysql table with 8 columns. from labview. 

the table is called dogs and the coloumns are name, breed, sex, age, weight, tag #, info, and picture.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,088 Views)

Help>Find Examples. There's 'Database Insert' and 'Sixtypes Insert'. You are not going to find an example specifically using your data. Modify as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,079 Views)