LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

word document to labview

Hello Everyone

I am competely new to labview. This might be very easy but I didn't get any videos or anything to solve this. Could some one help me please. I need abolck diaram in such a way that reads data from a word document which has some table in it when I select an item from the combo box. I tried with few "File I/O" but I am not geting it....... please suggest me few ideas. Thanking you in advance

Best Regards

Bhargava 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,126 Views)

Hi Bhargava,

is this question related to your other problem?

- To read "word" files you need to use ActiveX.

- I would suggest using Excel for table data and saving those tables as "comma separated values" aka CSV files. Then use the ReadSpreadsheetFile on those CSV files… (Much easier!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 14
(3,108 Views)

Yes it is related to my previous question.........I tried it with excel spread but when i am trying to change the valeus in the excel spread i am unable to save it again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,103 Views)

My problem is, when I select an item from the combo box it should open an previously saved excel spread or what ever file(in table format) and it should be able to edit the values and then save it......... Next step is like my previous question it shoul be updated to the combo box....could you please suggest me how could I do it

Best Regards

Bhargava

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,089 Views)

Hi Bhargava,

step by step:

- use a "value change" event of the combobox to detect user selection

- with this you need to decide which file to open - you didn't specify the algorithm used for this specification…

- then you read the file. I still suggest to use CSV files for the beginning…

- then you may ananlyze the data and even change them. They are just represented by an array…

- then you may save the changed data, again as CSV file for the beginning…

- then you could change the combo box entries - to whatever you want and by which data dependency you need (you didn't specify this part)…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 14
(3,078 Views)

HI GerdW

I am sorry I am not clear wit ur 1st step......I need to use a boolean control as an input to the" value change" event of a combobox to detect my selection.... is that what u mean to say ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,062 Views)

Hi Bhargava,

no, I didn't mention any boolean at all!

I wrote (and meant) to detect value changes of that combobox!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,054 Views)

Hello GerdW

Sorry to bother you again but I am not getting it. I used a Value change event to combo box and I am trying to read a .txt file as I cant use CSV file as you suggested but I am not getting how could I connect the .txt file to the value change event of the combobox......could you please suggest me. Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Bhargava

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,023 Views)

Hi Bhargava,

I used a Value change event to combo box

Where did you do this? It's not visible in your picture…

I am trying to read a .txt file as I cant use CSV file as you suggested

A CSV file is essentially a text file, so why can't you use them?

In your image you are NOT READING the file, you just OPEN it!

how could I connect the .txt file to the value change event of the combobox

All I see in your image is a property node of the combobox.

What do you want to connect here? What do you want to achieve?

When you're not familiar with the LabVIEW vocabulary you should

- have open the context help all the time, it will tell you the name of each function…

- go through all those free online resource teaching LabVIEW basics offered by NI!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,017 Views)

Hi GerdW

I am really very sorry. I am totally confused with what I am doing. Could you please explain me clearly what a" value change" event is. I am learnig labivew only through youtube and google but I couldn't find any info on value change events. could you please suggest me any links or something where I could read more

Best Regards

Bhargava

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,009 Views)