LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows taskbar labview start icon

I want to start a LabVIEW-exe as autostart after power-on of a windows-PC.

This exe should run in background. An icon should be displayed in the right info part of the task bar.

Clicking this icon should open the frontpanel of the running LV-program.

How can I force windows to do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,568 Views)

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/msconfig.htm will tell you how to start a windows program automatically.

You might be able to setup the properties so it is minimized this way -- otherwise, you can also do it by setting File--> VI Properties --> Windows Run-Time Position ... set Position to minimized for the main VI.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,554 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,534 Views)

Hey Theo,

a autostart exe is not a problem because its only nessecary to copy the exe in the autostart folder of windows.

And for the windows toolbar you are able to use this link : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E277CBA8C9065C1A86256D250021D9FA?OpenDocument

Kind regards,

Elmar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,518 Views)

Elmar NI wrote:

Hey Theo,

a autostart exe is not a problem because its only nessecary to copy the exe in the autostart folder of windows.

Is it not better to just create a shortcut in the autostart folder pointing to the exe file

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,506 Views)

Its also possible...

Many roads lead to Rome.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,501 Views)

Elmar,

Actually, it's "All roads lead to Rome"

The benefits of a classical education (semi-obscure movie quote).

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,474 Views)

Tank's for your help all.

Short explanaition what I look for:
       Start LabVIEW-exe in background and displayed as icon in systray (not minimized)

Now the situatuion:

MattBradley: I tried to start via mscofig (regedit) by setting the exe-path
             Result: The LabVIEW-exe starts, but in the normal way with minimized (open) panel - not in background and icon in the systray.

It found a solution via .net. It is not tested well.

.NET constructor node: System.Windows.Forms(2.0.0.0) -> MenuItem       and

System.Windows.Forms(2.0.0.0) -> NotifyIcon

Theo1

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,426 Views)