LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows host VI deploys to sbRIO (cRIO)

Hi there,

I´m working with a sbRIO (which is normally similar as a cRIO). I want to run the control part (host VI) on a PC, and most of the jobs of the sbRIO is data logging. So I´ve used the arrangement in the project which is shown in the picture below.

Although the main VI, which is highlighted in red oval, is placed under "My Computer", every time I start it on the PC, it will deploy itself. After that the sbRIO VI must be started from PC. (The sbRIO VI was built and run as start-up in before hand.)

The question is, how to make the sbRIO program run continually, after the main VI is started on the PC? 

Thanks!

Deploy.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,774 Views)

More about the deployment:

Always the window is shown to indicate the conflict by deployment.

Deploy_Conflict.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,771 Views)

Hi there,

you are running into troubles, because you build an exe on your RT system, which can not deploy the variables stored on your RT in lvlib. To make it running you would need to bring up your varaiables lvlib on the host (Windows) side. But this is still not enough. You nedd to built in your RT start up exe something like intialization, before you start running your main programm, where for example over TCP/IP you could read the variable. This will couse, that for RT the variables will be known and you will get no error. If you do not initialize the variable, the exe will not run.

Regards,

Enia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,739 Views)