LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win7 slow application start

Hello my friends,

I'm having a small problem executing my application on a windows 7 32bits.

It's developed and built on my laptop that has win XP 32 bits. And sometimes when i ran the application on the target machine it takes more than a minute to start.

I discovered a weird solution... Connect that pc to the internet and then start the application. After this procedure i can turn off the internet. And it will start in few seconds.

I believe that must be related with the security settings of win7 but i don't know how to fix it. Maybe the digital signature of my application (just saying some ideas).

Does anyone had this problem? Anyone has a  solution?

Thanks to all!

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,089 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the national instruments forum's.

Do You Use the device NI? it's may be a issue with a driver and compatibility with Win7.

Brice S.
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,049 Views)

Hello Brice,

I'm only using a .net dll that call another vision library (other than IMAQDX).

Thanks

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,034 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem with all of my LabVIEW executable apps that I just loaded onto a WIN7 machine.  They loaded instantly on my Vista laptop, but it can take up to a minute for the front panel to appear in WIN7. The icon and name show up in the taskbar immediately. The WIN7 machines are networked, but NOT connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,942 Views)

Hello wired,

Can you try this solution.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/18E25101F0839C6286256F960061B282?OpenDocument

I can't try it because the computer it's in the client. then let me know

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,940 Views)

The per-machine workaround (unchecking the Check for Publisher Certificate Revocation in the Internet advance options) reduced my delay till front panel display from 65 seconds to 5 seconds. On my Vista machine (a much slower computer), the front panel displays about 1 second after I click on the EXE shortcut, so something else is still going on.

Message 6 of 8
(2,930 Views)

Hi,

I lost so much time to make my softwares able to run on win7..

If someone has a solution about make this window setting modification, in an installer, I would be very happy.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,855 Views)

In my case it was also the verification think.

The startup speed of build applications with a working internet connection was OK. When you I putted the application to a computer with no internet connection it took about 10 to 15 seconds to start up.

The solution was to add the following file into the directory where the application resists.

e.g. c:\workingdir\Application.exe

add a textfile "xml" named Application.exe.config

In this file you have to put the following lines.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<runtime>
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Hope this also helps for you

Best regards

Gernot

Gernot Hanel
IONICON Analytik Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Message 8 of 8