LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which ports to forward for network streams?

Hi, I need to use network streams over my university network, and it isn't working (it does over direct LAN) so I assume they have ports blocked. I think they will forward them for me though if I can tell them which. I want both readers and writers at both sides so I guess I'll have to forward them on both. After a bit of searching I am thinking it might be a few starting at port 5000. Am I right? This is a test for a future setup that will require the internet between two installations, so hopefully I can forward them there too....

Thank you very much for your help,

James 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,322 Views)

I think you will find your answers here.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,317 Views)

Hi thanks for your response. It was that and the subsequent page that had confused me in the first place. I can't tell if it is implying that network streams use just NI-PSP, as it says to allow that service, or also others. It says I need to open the ports that LogosXT uses - KB 3T9B75XL: Using Lookout, LabVIEW DSC and Network-Published Shared Variables with Firewalls. It doesn't specifically mention network streams anywhere here, but it seems that I need to have (as I have Logos 5.2.1.49153) UDP 2343, ~20 UDP ports starting at 5000, ~20 UDP ports starting at 6000, and ~5 TCP starting at 59110. I would also need all these on both sides as there will be readers and writers on both sides. Is that correct?

It also says that you can modify the protocol configuration file to edit the TCP port base at \AppData\National Instruments\Logos XT\Logos XT.ini. I thought I would check this file just to make sure but it doesn't exist (there or anywhere else on the computer), then i discovered this page Changing the Default Ports for TCP-Based NI-PSP (Windows). , which says you need to create it yourself. The relevant page (the first link above) was written in 2006 and updated in 2009, and as network streams were released in labview 2010 (i think) I am worried about the accuracy of all the above port numbers. Do you know if these are still correct? I'm sorry to be annoying, it will just be difficult to get the university to allow this in the first place, so I want to be 100% sure I have the correct instructions, and I'm also in a hurry to make the test work...

Thank you very much for your time,

James 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,297 Views)