From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth new user question

Hi,

Need help to start up my bluetooth setting

I have read this article
   http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B4C0FCC67BF4485486256F12005B6D61?OpenDocument

Windows XP SP 2 and later – LabVIEW works with Bluetooth devices that use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver included with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and later. Refer to the Microsoft Web site for Bluetooth devices that are supported by the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. Most Bluetooth devices come packaged with a proprietary Bluetooth driver. To use the device with LabVIEW, the Bluetooth adapter must be using the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. A Microsoft Bluetooth driver for Windows XP SP1 was also available. Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 323183: Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices for more information about Bluetooth-compatible operating systems.

So, I try to find to see whether my dell notebook with window sp2 fits the requirement. I go to device manager, try to uninstall everything under "bluetooth device" {Read picture}.  I cannot bluetooth bus enumerator, but I can uninstall the "Dell wireless 355 .....". After that I check the change of device, the device manager finds the driver from window. Does it mean my notebook fulfill the requirement? But I still get the error when run the bluetooth vi example? Please help
====================
=Labview 7.0 & 8.0 & 8.5=
=====================
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,798 Views)
Hi,

The microsoft bluetooth stack needs to be installed ontop of your drivers in order for your laptop work work with LabVIEW, this is because the bluetooth stack supports far more devices than if National Instruments went with just 1 vendor.

If this hasn't installed automatically from windows XP service pack 2 then I would say the bluetooth adapter isn't supported by the MS bluetooth stack, and therefore not by LabVIEW.

Devices known to work:

• Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth 2.0 that came with Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Optical mouse
  • Belkin F8T012UK1 EDR Bluetooth USB Adapter
  • Belkin F8T003 Bluetooth USB Adapter - 10 Meters ( Belkin F8T003 ver. 2 don't seems to work )
  • Billionton GUBTCR41 - 100 m (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Conceptronic "Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter 200M" CBTU2A / CBT200U2A (Software in the package not installed)
  • Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module
  • D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth Adaptor; Product Description
  • Encore USB Dongle (Microsoft Stack)
  • Exwell BD-U08 EDR Bluetooth USB Adapter; Product Description
  • Exwell BD-U01 Bluetooth USB Adapter - 10 Meters
  • Kensington USB K33085 (Microsoft Stack)
  • GigaByte Bluetooth USB Adapter GN-BT05D (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Hama Bluetooth Dongle 00049207 (Software included in the package not installed). Inquiries seems to hang after a while ..
  • IBM Integrated Bluetooth II on ThinkPad T40 (with driver from Microsoft; file version: 5.1.2600.2180, xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
  • Trust BT 1300 TP Bluetooth USB adapter (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Trust BT 2200 TP Bluetooth USB adapter (Software included in the package not installed) (Microsoft Stack and Widcomm)
  • Perfect choice USB Adapter (Microsoft Stack and Widcomm)
  • All the best,

Applications Engineer
    0 Kudos
    Message 2 of 4
    (3,770 Views)
    make a step forward now

Here is what I do on my computer

remove the software (provide by dell to handle the bluetooth) & reomve the drive

then scan the hardware change

Now it looks finr

Smiley Very Happy
    ====================
    =Labview 7.0 & 8.0 & 8.5=
    =====================
    Message 3 of 4
    (3,748 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem.... I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 that comes with Wireless WIDCOMM 355 bluetooth.driver on its own.

Its clear that one should uninstall any software provided by dell from Add/Remove program. But,..Instead of uninstalling driver from device manager, better is to just update it and the chose advanced and then tell it you know where the driver is and then chose the "Generic Driver" which is Microsoft driver.

Then test a simple "Discover" in LV and it works.

Interestingly dell tray icon is dark blue and Microsoft is bright blue.

Best regards

Alireza

0 Kudos
    Message 4 of 4
    (2,655 Views)