LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the importance of configuration file. ini ?

@the_noble_linguini wrote:

It is right there on the right.

Yes, I can plainly see where the VIs is called.  But I cannot look inside of that VI because you did not post it.  It is a separate file.

As far as your ini file, it just looks like a bunch of gobly goop instead of actual usable data.  Even more reason you need to post your subVI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(241 Views)

@the_noble_linguini wrote:

Thank you for that loop and event structure advice. I appreciate it.

It is right there on the right. The notepad file with the saved settings gets produced by the event structure on the right. My problem is how do you recall those saved settings onto my LabVIEW program, so I don't manually type them in again. Does that make sense?

I attached a file which gets produced when I press OK on my program. This file is the notepad file with the saved configuration. 

I suspect you will have to change the default file path used by that sub-VI so that you can save different sets of savings in unique files.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(234 Views)