From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is kudos?

Solved!
Go to solution
  • Of course I recommend to limit kudos to exceptional posts (e.g. <50% of the posts you look at). if all posts have kudos, we lose all contrast. 😉 

Do you mean like getting 14 Kudos's for answering 'what is a Kudos'.Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
Message 11 of 88
(3,134 Views)

14 Kudos must have meant that many was wondering, one of the "Things i've been wondering but am too afraid to ask about."

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 12 of 88
(3,124 Views)

Lucither wrote:
  • Of course I recommend to limit kudos to exceptional posts (e.g. <50% of the posts you look at). if all posts have kudos, we lose all contrast. 😉 

Do you mean like getting 14 Kudos's for answering 'what is a Kudos'.Smiley Tongue

Now THAT deserves some Kudos! Whatever they are...
Message Edited by NIquist on 04-07-2010 10:33 AM
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 13 of 88
(3,099 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

altenbach wrote:

Of course I recommend to limit kudos to exceptional posts (e.g. <50% of the posts you look at). if all posts have kudos, we lose all contrast. 😉 

I'd say this has pretty much already happened.

No No! We're fine. Actually a few more kudos are probably OK. 🙂

From an engineering standpoint, you want to avoid saturation (= all posts have the maximum number of kudos possible) and shot noise (= many posts don't have kudos or the small number of kudos is not statistically significant).

In an ideal world, all posts would have a few to a lot of kudos and the number of kudos is linear with the post quality over a large dynamic range. 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 88
(3,073 Views)

altenbach wrote:

smercurio_fc wrote:

altenbach wrote:

Of course I recommend to limit kudos to exceptional posts (e.g. <50% of the posts you look at). if all posts have kudos, we lose all contrast. 😉 

I'd say this has pretty much already happened.

No No! We're fine. Actually a few more kudos are probably OK. 🙂
From an engineering standpoint, you want to avoid saturation (= all posts have the maximum number of kudos possible) and shot noise (= many posts don't have kudos or the small number of kudos is not statistically significant).
In an ideal world, all posts would have a few to a lot of kudos and the number of kudos is linear with the post quality over a large dynamic range. 😄 

"ideal world" = a forum without Ben handing out chocolate bars to everyone that makes him smile, .... Smiley Tongue

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 88
(3,067 Views)

Ben wrote: 
"ideal world" = a forum without Ben handing out chocolate bars to everyone that makes him smile, .... Smiley Tongue

That would lead to a different kind of saturation (as in saturated fat). 😄
Message 16 of 88
(3,066 Views)

gak wrote:

hi

what is kudos?

Gaurav kSmiley Happy

What is Kudos...

hmmm,

well there are two theories:

1) Kudos is a Star put beside each post by NI at the request of Ben so he can mark the ones he has read.

2) Kudos is indeed a mis-spelling and should actually be Kudus. These are a type of African antelope with large horns and striped backs. What they are doing here I've no idea. Smiley Wink

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 17 of 88
(3,037 Views)

Ben wrote:

Imagine what would happen if you only had a limited number of kudos.

(3,024 Views)
Kudos is fame or renown gained through achievement.

Kudos

/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 88
(3,007 Views)
Not to be confused with QDOS.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 88
(2,995 Views)