cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web page configuration tool freezes in 8.6 with DSC

Solved!
Go to solution

Nathan,

I tried the mass compile and still get the very long time in generating  a web page.  My entire application is one project and all the files are in a single Windows directory and included in the project.  I do have a significant number number of front panel controls that are bound to shared variables.  The shared variables mostly linked to six I/O servers (ModbusEthernet).  The modbus devices are not connected to the development system.  Is it possible that the communication failures are causing the long delays?

Len

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(605 Views)

Unfortunately DSC is outside my realm of expertise. I don't know why these VIs might be having so much trouble. My interest is in fixing the Web Publishing Tool so that it doesn't take so long regardless of what VI is being viewed.

Is there a VI or set of VIs that you can post that reproduce this problem to some degree so I can debug the WPT?

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(598 Views)

LabVIEW 8.6.1 Web Publishing Tool has done this; a small VI in a project loads fine but the main GUI hangs (or takes longer than I have waited). The VI preview windows is all gray. Its window can be moved but interaction with its client area does nothing. LabVIEW CPU % utilization is in the 90s. Its VI Hierarchy is max 17 deep and max 69 wide. My application does not use DSC, toolkits, etc. It does use several subpanels and decorations. It does it whether the GUI was already loaded or browsed to on disk.

Where does it write the intermidiate html since it happens on the first screen before the output file is specified?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(494 Views)