LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web application database by TDMS

Hi friends,

I need a web application for monitoring and control in NXG 5.1 web application platform, but we can not connect to a database directly by NXG web module as you know. 

my question is can I connect to TDMS file remotely and work by it like database? is it good for this operation? read, write, execute query and update like database tables. is capacity of file limited? how about security?
old version of our application written by ASP.net and SQL server. we need write a program like that by NXG web module. but we can not connect to database by NXG web module unfortunately 😞

I think web service is so complicated and system link is not good solution (I don't work by systemlink yet) do you have any idea?

my requested features are:
- I need online dashboard for show live data like temperature, humidity and etc. for many sensors. (select database)
- I need insert comment for sensors by operators (insert to database).
- I need define access layer for program abilities and parts.(select, update, insert database)

- I need reporting like chart and table (so I need send query to server)

- user management
- and like those ...
what should I do? 

thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,501 Views)

From your requirements, it sounds like you should just use SystemLink's tags for storing your sensor data. The bare-bones SystemLink Server licenses would suffice (no additional user modules or node licenses are required to use tags).

In addition, you may be able to use SystemLink's built-in dashboards that can display charts and tables as well as the Jupyter Notebooks integration for doing custom analytics on the data.

Message 2 of 4
(1,472 Views)

Thanks, 

How can I start? I need install systemLink server at first?

and next question is structure of system and working by systemLink. I have a labview program for get data from transmitters and insert to database, now I have to write data to tags too? and can i send query to server side for reporting?

Please hint me fundamental of operation 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,448 Views)

my friend, I'm so confused about systemLink.

what should I do? I open "call systemLink data service" for learning by G web development software 2021. OK. it's run. but what should I do? 

please tell me below steps OK?

1. I have to write my server side code in Labview 2021 and write data to tags.

2. I have to write client side code by NXG or G web development read tags?

3. how ?
please learn me to use this example. I still do not understand the meaning of systemLink. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,426 Views)