From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform graph

I need to make a waveform graph that has three plots; one plot needs one scale and the other two need a different scale.  I can plot the three lines but can't find a way to get different Y-axis scales (except to make 3 different waveform graphs but then the curves are not on top of each other).

I assume this can be done using a property node but I don't see an obvious or easy way to do it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,640 Views)

It's just a right click option on the scale. Select "Duplicate Scale'. You can then swap sides or not. You also have to click in the plot legend (i.e. Y Scale>Amplitude 2) to assign each plot to a specific scale.

Message 2 of 6
(2,631 Views)

Dennis' suggestion is spot-on. As an addendum/clarification, you need to right-click on an existing scale to see the duplicate option.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,625 Views)

To further expand, if you then want to programatically modify a scale, you have to first select it with the Active Y Scale (or Active X Scale) property.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,615 Views)

Is the "Swap Sides" available programtically?  If so, I have not been able to find it in any of the graph property trees. . .?

We have a program where the users want to be able to "swap sides" on the x-axis at run-time, depending on if they y-axis data is "flipped" or not. (Flipped, coincidentally, can be set during run-time.)

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,299 Views)

(As a possible workaround to my own question, if I duplicate the x-axis and move the second scale to opposite side at edit time, I can selectively show one or the other (or both) scales at run time, though it would have been cleaner and simpler to implement if there was a boolean input akin to "flipped".)

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,296 Views)