From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to add and Commit Files to Tortoise SVN using System Exec.vi

Hi there,

I am trying to add and commit file to SVN. I am adding the Picture of the of the block diagram. i don't know where i am doing the mistake. but my file is not adding and committing. please help through this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,191 Views)

Do you know about the Viewpoint TSVN Toolkit from ViewPoint Systems (found on the LabVIEW Tools Network, viewable and installable from VIPM), which integrates TSVN commands into the LabVIEW environment?

I generally prefer to do my TSVN Commits and Updates myself, "by hand" (and, unless I'm careless, when I am not in the LabVIEW environment, so I'm certain to get the entire Project handled at the same time).  Having said that, I have made a tool that updates the Build part of the Version Number of a Project's Application Build Spec.  In fact, I think you can find the code by looking in the Idea Exchange for an Idea I posted (that was declined, I'm sorry to say) asking that the Pre-Build Action (which I was using to set the Build part of the Version Number) be done before (i.e "pre-") the Build Action.  [Turns out that the Version specification is Cached first, the Pre-Build Action applied next, then the Cached Version used during the Build, so you have to "Build Twice" to get the correct Version Spec].  You can Read All About It here .

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,952 Views)

I think what you're running into is a problem with the parsing of your command string.

I'd start by checking the standard error output, and then take a look at the output of "cmd /?" in a command prompt. In particular, you should read about the "/c" and "/s" flags.

You may have better luck if you modify your string to be something like the following:

cmd /s /c "svn add "C:\Quoting allows spaces in names\myfile.html"" 

(note that I used /s to allow nested quotes in this manner. Your directory has no spaces, so you could probably avoid that).

I'd also query why you have a line break between "svn add" and the file path? I'm not familiar with SVN, but the documentation appears to indicate a similar pattern to git, which would require that your paths be on the same logical line as the command (because they are arguments to the command).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,928 Views)

The line break is definitely bogus. While it may work for whatever rare reason, it is definitely not how command line parameters are normally appended to a command line string, and the svn command line client never required me to do that.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,909 Views)

Your Add command has a Return before the file ...

When you want to send multiple lines through CMD i'd recommend a loop which sends each line or merge them into a batch file and run that.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,231 Views)