LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa read in loop

Hi,

I exchange data with a FT2232C on a board, then through USB.

After 8 characters command sent the board, the board sends an acknowledge  = 3 characters = *1Y.

If done one by one (see R-W single FT2232.vi) :  it's OK, acknowledge is received after each command, which means that overall transmission is good.

But when a packet of command is transmitted,  half acknowledges are not received : see R-W loop FT2232.vi.

This a SW problem because using a scope, all data at input and output (RX & TX) of the FT2232 are present, which means that VISA WRITE in the loop is OK

But VISA READ seems to have a problem ???

Thanks for your answers !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)

First of all, I would recommend using the Configure Serial Port inside of the VISA palette.

I also noticed you greatly  decreased your timeout for the multiple command.  I think the default is 10seconds and you set it to 500ms.  The single command did not do that.  So try not setting the timeout.

I have also known instruments that need additional time to set something up.  You may want to add more delay in your FOR loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,134 Views)

Did you try to check with a serial port sniffer?

Moreover: try placing the wait vi after the reading and increase the ms to wait until everything works (hopefully) as expected.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,119 Views)