LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view an excel sheet in LabView8.0

Hi,

I am using LabView8.0. i have a normal button on the front pannel. i have to handdle an event for this button that, if i clicked on this button, an excel file(existed) should open. can you please tell me how can i acheive this.

Thanks,
Bannu.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,622 Views)
i would suggest reviewing the examples for events that ship with labview.

you can accomplish what you are asking by using an event structure, createing an event that handles a change in the button, and then use the Read Shreadsheet File.vi located in File I/O pallete.
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,610 Views)
One small correction. The Read From Spreadsheet File will not read a native Excel file. There is however, a shippiong example called Write Table to Excel which does show you how to open an .xls file. There is also the Excel Board where you can find other examples. If none of that helps, do a search for Excel in the LabVIEW board. There are several thousand results returned and at least one of those will help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,603 Views)
My mistake, I forgot excel saves differently by default. Smiley Surprised
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,599 Views)
If there is no interaction with the contents of the Excel workbook, I suggest that you simply pass the file path to the System Exec vi and let windows open Excel for you.
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 5 of 5
(2,592 Views)