LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi mantra

tbob:

I must admit that I sometimes consider myself an 'ametuer' with regards to LabVIEW, especially against the top dogs and folks over at LAVA, so much is over my head. LabVIEW based projects are only a minor part of my work, maybe only 10-20% of total workload. In the past 7 years I have only done about 5 programs. My last one was years ago in 6.1, my current one in 8.2.1 has been dragging on in fits and starts, but I applied Queues, parallel loops, event based GUI handing, state-machine like methods, and DAQmx all for the first time (Whopeevery-happy smiley). Maybe I'll send my project over to you for a code review and sanity check, eh? Code that I do turn out tends to be quite robust, productive, documented, and based off of scalable architecture. So maybe I'm not an ametuer after all.

Now an ametuer astronomer, that indeed is a yes (when the darn tracking computer isn't locking up on me- hmmm, maybe I need to interface it's serial port with LabVIEW, now there's a good project)!

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,430 Views)
hey tbob and ak2dm,
thanks for guiding me...u have really been of great help!!!
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,409 Views)
AK2DM and I are a team.  He gets me tickets to the Rush concert and I review his Labview programs.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 23 of 32
(1,404 Views)

Glad to have helped, even though I didn't realise I was.

tbob- It's LabVIEW, any PAV should know that by now- gotcha back!very-happy smiley

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 24 of 32
(1,385 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I would like to suggest you create an application that demonstrates how to drag-and-drop objects in a Picture Control

I actually posted a simple example of doing this fairly recently, but that was for dragging something into a picture control. If you want to dragging inside the picture, you will probably need to build a framework which will handle all the visual objects in the picture control. Of course, detecting which object is the top object where you clicked will require an intelligent and efficient algorithm (although I remember the suggested method of using an off screen picture with blocks of solid color to represent each object and simply check the value at that pixel).

@Ben also wrote:

AK2DM you are scaring me.

I already question my sanity when it seems that I am the only person that understands Alfa.

I also thought it was quite clear that this was alfa.

P.S. I thought alfa was the only person who understands alfa... Smiley Wink

dumby, I'm not sure what the purpose of the contest is, but I would also go with something analyzing a game. That sounds like more fun.

(1,350 Views)
hey tst,
the purpose of the contest is to provide solutions to real life problems uding LABVIEW....Hope u can help me too!!!
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,323 Views)
BLack jack IS a real life problem Smiley Very Happy

something else, which i find very interresting: configure a public transportation system, for example trains.
optimise train stops between 10 different locations, randomally positionned, in such way to minimise transit time of persons and goods.
This requires to my understanding quite a bit of work, and the output is extremely usefull to a wide range of industries (they probably already have solutions tough, but for the fun of it...) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,318 Views)

Gabi1 Wrote " ... for example trains."

I can here Yair's screams half way around the world... Smiley Mad

"Oh NO! Someone brought up trains again!"

In this thread I talk about my N-Scale model trains that are controlled by a LabVIEW program that uses a picture control to render the track plan and serves as an interactive control for routing. This was the application that I used to teach myself how to use the Picture Control.

I could use a good collision avoidance routine. Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 28 of 32
(1,313 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I can here Yair's screams half way around the world... Smiley Mad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Smiley Wink

For those interested, here's the link to the contest page:

"...for Students and Researchers to present their innovative applications in the field of computer based test, control and design"

That's a very generic description, but there are definitely cases where games and some of the algorithms used in games are applicable to real life problems.

If you want another option, you can try creating a robot of some sort or a smart home automation system.

(1,306 Views)
I was wondering whether a combination of speech recognition and touchscreen could be implemented using labview...Is it possible?? I think it'll have a wide use in home systems and also for the diabled...what say people?
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(1,298 Views)