From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi hangs

Dear all, I am facing a problem in my VI which sometimes hangs after some time, and i am not able to find out the condition which put it into that hang state. Here is what the VI is doing: 1) In the starting, it writes some information abt the setting to the H/W. 2) Then there are 2 Vi's which are called dynamically. One is for asking H/W settings data, and another is for asking wave data. When the VI starts, it runs the VI which asks for H/W sett data. 3) There is a Stim button(3rd from left in the bottom) on the FP, which when TRUE aborts the Vi and run the VI which calls for Wave data. I dont seem to see any problem with the VI. but sometimes(not always) it hangs. It may hang when i change the Stim Button to True. It may hang when i Click on the Record Button(2nd from left). It may hang when i click the Exit Button. so there is no certain condition on which it will hang. and this is just driving me crazy for the last 2 days and i have banged my head on each and every situation and cudnt figure out the problem. I am attaching my VI here. Pls have a look at it and let me know where the problem is. Ritesh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(3,338 Views)
One more thing .. it doesn't get stuck forever.. it'll remain in that state for arnd 40-50 seconds and gets back to normal state after that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,324 Views)
Could you also attach all the missing subVIs?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,306 Views)

I am attaching a RAR file which contains 2 Folders, BERA and Common.

Navigate to BERA->Test->BERA Test.vi.

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(3,280 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,275 Views)

Hi Ritesch,

the attachment is missing. done!

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-04-2009 01:45 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,272 Views)

Hi Ritesch,

there are still some missing vi's.

Your references (Queues and serial) are not valid if you try to close them, because the timeout event sets them to default.

Only the first view, not sure if it solve the problem.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(3,267 Views)

Hi MIke,

I have put all the Vis in the containing zip file now .. 

MikeS81 wrote:  

Your references (Queues and serial) are not valid if you try to close them, because the timeout event sets them to default.

Only the first view, not sure if it solve the problem.

First thing is that they are not in the shift register, so it doesn't matter if they are reinitialized. And the loop is only closed when the EXIT button is pressed, and in that event i am passing the correct references of the Queues as well as the Serial Port.

Message 8 of 29
(3,263 Views)

Any Help Guys !!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,229 Views)
I wonder why anyone is not interested in looking at this problem!:smileysurprised:
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(3,211 Views)