LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value signaling property node not generating an event

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an example program that uses a Property Node > Value(Signaling) to generate an event.  The property looks like this:     

When I create a VI to do the same thing the Property Node looks like this:  

I right click the boolean control, create, property node, value(Signaling) to create the node.

My VI does not generate an event when a TRUE value is passed to the property node.  Is there some way to change the Data Type to boolean?  Is this the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(8,187 Views)

It's hard to address your problem. The pictures don't show.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(8,162 Views)

It is really best to just attach your example VI.  That way we can did into your settings as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(8,142 Views)

Have you read the help for Value (Signaling)?  (Right-click on the property node you created.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(8,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by shall12

@shall12 wrote:

My VI does not generate an event when a TRUE value is passed to the property node.  Is there some way to change the Data Type to boolean?  Is this the problem?

If the datatype of the value property node does not look like boolean (i.e. purple instead of green), you need to change the mechanical action of the boolean because it is currently latch action. Change the mechanical action to switch action and you should be OK.

Also note that a value(sgnl) property will fire the value change event unconditionally, even if the old a new value are the same.

(If you would like to be able to fire events of latch action booleans as you describe here, consider voting for this idea. :D)

Message 5 of 21
(8,118 Views)

Thanks.  I did figure this out.  I wonder why this did not generate an error telling me the latch was incorrect for the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(8,101 Views)

Hi,

EUREKA!!!! Its posible, only need use a type cast to a normal boolean.

Here the solution:

Fire Event at Latched Button.png

Best Regards,

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
Message 7 of 21
(7,709 Views)

@Luis_AM3C wrote:

EUREKA!!!! Its posible, only need use a type cast to a normal boolean.

Cute! 😄

You can create a constant on the upper wire and eliminate the dummy boolean. Still works. 😉

Message 8 of 21
(7,691 Views)

altenbanch: "You can create a constant on the upper wire and eliminate the dummy boolean. Still works. :smileywink:"

Yes, I know, just showing where get the datatype.

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(7,676 Views)

Luis mined the gemstone and Alt polished it up!   Excellent!!!  This will come in handy...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(7,673 Views)