From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using datasocket with java program

Hello,

How feasible is it to connect LabView to a regular Java program, no applet or anything? I just want the data I get from Labview to be sent to a Java program on the same computer. I've read about DataSockets and regular TCP/IP in LabView but which is better? Or which one of them works if I just want to open a socket in Java and receive the data?

I don't have much experience in either LabView or Java, so I'm a bit confused here. I just want to know which is easier so I work on learning that. Or if it is easier to just save the LabView data in an Excel file or something and then read that into Java, I don't know... Any help would be appreciated!

Hugh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,482 Views)

Thanks for the link! But as far as I can make out, the JNI is for running JAVA from LabView, and vice versa. What if I just want to send data from LabView to JAVA, and both programs are running?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,471 Views)

Hi HughTh,

you can use "normal" interprocess communication like TCP/IP, Windows Messages, and so on ...!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,468 Views)