LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using TCP Open Connection

I am using LabVIEW to retrieve data from a YOKOGAWA Darwin system, currently the program uses GPIB to make the connection. In the future, the customer would like to use an ethernet connection. When I try to connect to the Darwin using TCP Open Connection, it requires a remote port. I have not been able to trap the port that the Darwin is using. Does anyone have any insights or advice?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,953 Views)
If you have some software from yokogawa, you can use it to open a connection.
Then, you could use a program that monitors the network connections to your computer => the port will be in dicated somewhere.
For instance, as I have a small firewall installed on my computer, I made this using the firewall's status window. (eg.: it indicates stg like "remote add:port").
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,953 Views)
I have used a sniffer to trap the port number, but still cannot make the connection. I have tried to use the TCP Open Connection.vi and I have created an ethernet device in MAX, but with no success.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,953 Views)
Hi,

I tried, just in case, asking Yokogawa.
Here is the response...

>Darwin system has three pre-defined TCP port numbers available.
>For reading the instantaneous values, it uses port number 34151 (for other functions it uses number 34150 and 34159)
>This information can be found in the Instruction Manual for the communication interface.

Hope this'll help you

Eric.
Message 4 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Hi Eric,

You may also know how to fix my problem, I am trying to communicate through VISA to the DARWIN system. The problem disapeared after installing one of the versions of DARWIN from the NI driver system. However after a new install of the complete package the VISA system is not co-operating. I get the following error;

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state).

from "VISA Read STB" from one of the DARWIN VIs. Have you encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,366 Views)