From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username and password authentication

Use either .csv or .ini file to store the usernames and passwords.

you can easily read these files. 

If you want to make your authentication very highly secured. Then, you have to go for some other file format which is not readable by humans.  

Manikandan.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,374 Views)

@மணிகண்டன் wrote:

Use either .csv or .ini file to store the usernames and passwords.

That is probably the single worst suggestion that could be made on storing passwords and user names.  Please don't do this, unless it is a homework assignment.  Any real project needs to avoid storing passwords in plain text.

Message 12 of 16
(1,368 Views)

Hi, i know that is very worst suggestion for storing password and username in text based file. 

He just want to check that in LabVIEW it seems. That's why i asked him to do with text based file. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,361 Views)

hello there, I am very new to labview. can anyone help me with this small program to check the username and password

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,375 Views)

I think your problem is not the function itself. I think it's LabVIEW knowledge.

According to your information in your VI, try to use search 1D array. it might direct you to something.

I may also suggest you to find some training or book on LabVIEW beginner. so you will know where to start.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,357 Views)

As Suggested you should take some tutorials.

To Suggest for your Requirement you should use 2D Array (1 Column for UserName and Another For Password)/ Array Cluster (Cluster of Two Elements) for Storing User Details.

In case of reading from the file, format the Read Value in above suggested format.

Then User Search 1D Array to Find The User Name, If Search 1D Array Gives Any Value other than -1, use the Index to get the Password From the Password Column.

Then Compare the Password entered by the user and the Passed you extracted based on User Name from 2D Array.

Same Applies for Cluster data as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,338 Views)