LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username and password authentication

hello guys, I'm new to the LabVIEW. so can anyone help me with an easiest method to check username and password?

Thanks a lot :-))

Message 1 of 16
(4,707 Views)

User name and password for what?  Your application?  Windows?  TestStand?

How important is security?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,696 Views)

i just want to write a code to check username and password in labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,688 Views)

Have you searched the forums?  This question has come up several times before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,677 Views)

Here

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,666 Views)

Crossrulz is right to bring up security.  I know you likely are just playing around but it is important to actually lock out users you should look into doing this the right way.  My first recommendation is to use Windows like Paul has shown.  You can query the logged in user, and what groups they are a member of and to enable parts of the code based on who is logged in.  Then you don't need to worry about password expiration, or password strength, these will all be controlled by the domain controller, or group policy.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/03F7257B337CC63E8625754D0082FDE4

If you don't like Windows, you can also use DSC which is a toolkit from NI.  It has several other features but user login is one of them.

http://www.ni.com/labview/labviewdsc/

Other than that there are examples of making custom dialogs, like this one, but again this is the least desirable method.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-21163

Message 6 of 16
(4,660 Views)

I used Windows Authentication method a few year ago.

There is a flawed: it works only for those users who don't have admin privilege.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,642 Views)

Do not mean to hijack thread, but for some Windows computers there are "no user names nor passwords", for example I have to log in with a smart card. Is there a .NET method for that? Or a .NET method for face id?

Thanks

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,636 Views)

Using DSC would be a good option. However if you are using Labview 2016 (I am not sure of the latest ones), you won't be able to programmatically add users with the built-in VI's.

There is however a work around. You can launch the Domain Account Manager executable and proceed with adding users, but this would look a little different from your actual application. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,633 Views)

I think we need more information on what you want to do exactly.

There is infinite possibility of user name and password check.

What is your project exactly?

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,608 Views)