cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user edit list of diagrams to run

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

i'm trying to write an application that will allow users to add set tests and delays to a list in any order and then exicute the relevent diagram for each test in order.

i have had a play with statemachine arcitecture but can't get it working.

Any suggestions as to how i can go about this?

I want it to consit of a list box to which items can be added.

Thanks Zac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,822 Views)

Hi Zac,

sounds like this could be interesting for you:

http://www.ni.com/teststand/d/

Mike

Message 2 of 9
(2,820 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zac_Acal

Take a look at the JKI State Machine; it's a string-based queued state machine.  I've used it successfully for a while and one of the things I've done during development was to put a text box on the Front Panel to allow me to create sequences on-the-fly.  It requires a bit of work to learn, but it's well worth the effort.

All you need to do is type in the sequence of states you want to run interactively.

PS - you'll need the JKI VI Package Manager installed to use my attached example.  Don't have it?  Why???
Message Edited by jcarmody on 06-25-2009 08:15 AM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,813 Views)

I don't want to use test stand as im controling a lot of i/o and reasonably complex functions.

J, that state machine sounds perfect, i will have a look

Thanks Zac

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,804 Views)

Zac_Acal wrote:

I don't want to use test stand as im controling a lot of i/o and reasonably complex functions.

[...]

That's one of the most uncommon reason for a decision against TestStand i ever heared of. TestStand in fact is a test sequencer, no programming language; so doing stuff like you described in your initial post is what TestStand does......

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 5 of 9
(2,799 Views)

How do i install the jki package manager ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,798 Views)

@Zac_Acal wrote:

How do i install the jki package manager ?

http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=233

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,787 Views)

Thanks J, that example does exactly the type of thing i want to do.  (i just need to get to grips with it now)

Norbert, i don't have much (any) experiance with test stand (so am not really in a position to exclude it) (but im going to anyway Smiley Happy ) I want this "sequencing" part of my program to be built into the rest of it, in a single stand alone .exe which will do the reading setpoint files, control, data logging etc... and sequence tests. I want a single .exe that i can distribute round a few test rigs, i don't want to have to install extra software on all machines.

Mebby test stand would satisfy this criteria but i don't know and unfortunatley i dont have time to learn about it , however i do know that it is possible in labview (allthough i wasnt sure how to achive it.)

Thanks All, Zac

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,773 Views)
I'm fine with TestStand, but he doesn't like me...
Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,732 Views)