From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of FGV

Hello altenbach ,

As per your guidance i hope i am going good !! 

i have done the same Vi using 2 methods 

method 1 : using 2 shift registers 

method 2 : using cluster ( i will use unbundle function and extract a required parameter in called vi's ) 

i have attached both vi's . is it right ?? gud ? review me 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(446 Views)
  • If a VI contains a typedef, you also need to attach the typedef here. (I seem to already have other typdefs in my download folder with the same name, breaking the code instantly). It is also a really bad idea to leave typedefs at the default name for this same reason. Give it a unique and intuitive file name!
  • You still have not implemented most of my suggestions.
  • Your cluster solution is not as I suggested, because you cannot write individual components, just the entire cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(433 Views)

Here's a lightweight example for the cluster method. This only works well if all data have the same type. (Else you would need a different input terminal for each type).

This is just a programming example to learn the tools of the trade. Nobody forces you to actually use it in production code. Again, why not keep using global variables? A FGV does not give you any advantage as we already tried to tell you.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(426 Views)