LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use application exe or distribution to create installer

When building your project code, LV2010, I should use source code distribution (and not application exe) then build my installer correct?

in the project builder, application exe and source code distribution appear to do the same thing... same Window dialog etc.

I must have inadvertantly used application exe this time instead of distribution (I think) now my installer dumps all the VIs in the default install directory with the built exe (duplicate files). I was expecting the installer to use the exe only along with my support files.

Couldn't find any help on this topic in LV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,386 Views)

Building your project code?  ........Are you trying to create stand-alone application or you just want to carry the code to some other machine?

Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,375 Views)

Stand alone application. In other words, I do not want to put source code on the target PC, only an exe goes on the target PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,362 Views)

then you should be using Application EXE, not Source distribution.

you can use the article in the below webpage.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvhowto/building_a_stand_alone_app/

to keep the folder structure of files within EXE, you can uncheck "Use LabVIEW 8.X file layout" under "advanced" section.

Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,351 Views)

Anil, Thx for the response,

FYI, with your help, I found the following tutoral helpful, exactly the information I'm seeking...http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303 

Distributing Applications with the LabVIEW Application Builder

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,339 Views)

No Problem..... i did not see that exact tutorial in the 1st page of search. but you got it anyways..........Just follow the document and let us know if you have any more questions in this..........

Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,330 Views)

Oh yea, an Index search for Application Builder explains it in LV2010. Before I pose the question, I was getting the "nibbles and bits" but couldn't find the overall documentation on the builder.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,321 Views)