From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading help - convert 1D array of string to 1D array of single number error?

am trying to upgrade from lv 6.1 to 8.0. here is the only error i am having left in this program. the sink is a vi that converts a 2D or 1D array of single-precision numbers to a text string and writes the string to a new byte stream file or appends the string to an existing excel file. any ideas? i am very new to vi and this is my first assignment- to upgrade old programs
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,073 Views)
Your image is blank, please try again. 😞
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,065 Views)
weird...this computer doesn't support .jpg/.gif formats. so weird. anyways here it is

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i730554_help.bmp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,061 Views)
Still not good. The link you gave times out. Does it work for you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,056 Views)
yea link works fine here. here is another one

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/703f2d51ff.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,047 Views)
Still does not work. Why don't you attach the VI or image directly here?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,041 Views)
they all work fine for me and other pple at the office 😞 here it is attached. the problem is i don't know how to convert string to number. is there a way to write to a spreadsheet without having to be numbers?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,039 Views)

If you have LabVIEW 8.2, "write to spreadsheet file" has a polymorphic selector that allows you to write arrays of strings or of numbers. 🙂

Anyway, you have only 8.0. Simply use "array to spreadsheet string" (use %s for the format) and write the string to the file.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,034 Views)
thanks for the reply but it still doesn't work. i changed the format to %s but that didn't do anything. should i be connecting to the format %s instead of the 1D Data on the "Write to Spreadsheet"?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,032 Views)
You are still using "write to spreadheet file" for the plain string!

Instead of doing all these individual file operations, create the entire file content in memory and write it to a text file in one swoop. See attached for one possibility.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-04-2007 12:29 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,026 Views)