LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update cluster of waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cluster of 4 waveform charts each containing 2 plots (alarm and value). For the moment I'm updating it with a property node from a subVI. The issue is that the traces are not updating on the waveform charts even if the values of the charts digital displays are changing! I tried to autoscale the X and Y axes and set the X axis to automatic formatting without any success.

When I run the application a single point at 0 in the middle of the x-scale is displayed and its amplitude doesn't follow the variation of the digital display. This point appear only when I set the x axis to autoscale, when configure to absolute time nothing is displayed.

I'm using similar code to update a temperature waveform chart containing 10 plots and it is working well. The only difference is that the temp chart is not in a cluster.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

Hi Ben,

simple solution: don't put charts in a cluster!

Such problems have been reported for charts/graphs in clusters before. Don't putting them into the clusters is the most easy solution.

Using property nodes to transfer data is also not the "best" way as it is (usually) much slower than other ways…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Thanks GerdW, I suspected something like this but wasn't aware of such problems being reported, I will try this tomorrow.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,883 Views)

Thanks GerdW, I just did a quick try and it worked.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,869 Views)

Hate to ressurect and old post but came across this today. Do you know if it has been CARd?

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Hello niNickC,

Are you still have trouble with this issue? If so, I would recommend posting to a new thread as it may improve your visibility as this one is a couple years old.

Thanks!

Will

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,532 Views)