LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undocumented function "text to utf-8"

Solved!
Go to solution

I can check, but can you tell us which version of LabVIEW you are using? And also, this function might return different results depending on the input text and the system locale of the machine.  Are you comparing the differences between the development and the executable versions on the same machine?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(6,706 Views)

Same machine (Windows 7 with Labview 11) and same input.

I also tried the exe only on a Windows XP (didn't work).

I haven't debugged the exe, but the rest of the failing code is just ordinary string manipulation functions

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(6,694 Views)

UTF-8 strings can contain characters that aren't valid ascii. I can imagine that some string operations fail (e.g. format into / scan from string), but I wouldn't expect a difference between development environment and compiled EXE here...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(6,686 Views)

That's correct, the EXE works just as well as the Dev version.  I attached my tests.

Message 14 of 24
(6,677 Views)

Ok, i found the problem with my .exe. The UTF8 function was innocent.

(one more reason to support it!)

Thank you

Message 15 of 24
(6,657 Views)

Hi all,

For information, I use the functions included in "UTF8 LV80.vi". The two conversion functions seems to have string length limitations on UNIX OS. If the input string length is upper than 1024 bytes, the following error is generate :

Error 1396 occurred at Text to UTF-8

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Cannot convert text from the source character set to the destination character set.

This limitations don't exist on WINDOWS OS.

Do you see some reasons on this problem? 

Message 16 of 24
(6,615 Views)

@Matthieu_Poncet wrote:

Hi all,

For information, I use the functions included in "UTF8 LV80.vi". The two conversion functions seems to have string length limitations on UNIX OS. If the input string length is upper than 1024 bytes, the following error is generate :

Error 1396 occurred at Text to UTF-8

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Cannot convert text from the source character set to the destination character set.

This limitations don't exist on WINDOWS OS.

Do you see some reasons on this problem? 

I'm not too familiar with these text formats, but can one convert the string 1024 bytes at a time?  And then concatenate the result?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(6,604 Views)

That what I do to resolve this feature!

I posted an information post but I'm interested in the reason of this issue.

Anyway thanks for your interest.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(6,598 Views)

u are genius.it helps me a lot.!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(5,780 Views)

厉害啊

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24