LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open indicator properties

Hello everyone

For some reason, as of late, I cannot access an indicator/control/boolean/clusters/arrays by right clicking on them and opening up the properties menu (i am using Labview 2009 SP1).  When I do right click any of these the menu appears then I would select 'properties' which the mouse pointer would indicate busy for a moment, but I would not get the propertie menu.  The 'property' selection was working once before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,980 Views)

As a quick check, rename your LabVIEW.ini to LabVIEW.old.

Then relaunch LV.

LV stores to location of floating windows and if you changed screen sizes ... whatever... renaming the ini will rule that out as a possibility.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 11
(2,967 Views)

I tried what you asked but no luck there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,963 Views)

Try  Ctl+m.

You cannot access FP obj properties in "run" mode  you need to be in Edit mode. 

However you said the right-click menu shows "Properties" and you CAN select it?  did the file become read-only or locked by any other means?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,954 Views)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was in edit mode.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,946 Views)

Do you have that problem with any vi or with just one vi?  Is it with any indicator or just one indicator?  What about on controls?

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,935 Views)

I've tried older projects and have had the same problem.  It seems that no matter what type of control( or indicator), be it a cluster, boolean, string, array, the properties option does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,931 Views)

Sounds like something got moved.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\PropertyPages\ is the folder that I believe contains the internal things that are needed for LabVIEW to display properties.

It may be that you moved something by accident or you changed a vi unwittingly.  You may need to re-install LabVIEW to get past this.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 11
(2,922 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Sounds like something got moved.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\PropertyPages\ is the folder that I believe contains the internal things that are needed for LabVIEW to display properties.

It may be that you moved something by accident or you changed a vi unwittingly.  You may need to re-install LabVIEW to get past this.

AKA "repair"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,919 Views)

Yeah, I'm thinking I must have unwittingly done something to cause this, but not sure what.  I'll do the re-install, which is problably my best option.

Thank you, appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,908 Views)