cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

udp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hiii to all labview family...,

I am using one network, in that network there is a data from various ip address with same remote port . I am interested to extract data in UDP format corresponding to only one ip address continously without missing data packets at the rate of 100mbps.Can any one please help me out...???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,917 Views)

Go to Help >>  Example Finder and search for UDP.  You'll get some examples of UDP communication.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,915 Views)

thank you for your suggetion.but i am already using udp protocal ,that is not matching to my requirement .can you please tell me as per my requirement...??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,905 Views)

You are going to have to decide what you want more, speed or no missing packets.There is no "all the above" option.

UDP is very fast, but delivery of packets is not guaranteed. TCP/IP guarantees delivery, but it isn't fast.

This is why UDP is often used for things like streaming video or VoIP -- both applications where losing a packet or two isn't a problem.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,898 Views)

thank you, but atleast i wanna get one ip address data continously without distrubing other ip address (i have only UDP option in my network so i need to extract data through UDP only) .... is it possible...??????

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,888 Views)

I have multiple IP series in 192.220.1.xx format in the local  network and all are sending in brodcast fashion with same remote port, but i want to read only from 192.220.1.22 in udp, how to read all the packets continously .....???

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,873 Views)
Can you tolerate missing packets?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,871 Views)

ya i can....????but shd not be dalay....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,864 Views)

sorry for me packet data is imp.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,859 Views)

@muniraj wrote:

sorry for me packet data is imp.

what is imp?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17