LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with LabVIEW FPGA sample project

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm attempting to adapt the sample project LabVIEW FPGA Waveform Acquisition and Logging on CompactRIO to my hardware but can't seem to get it right. I'm following the instructions in the tutorial but can't make sense out of the section Adapting this Sample Project to Your Hardware, specifically, the instruction to "Drag FPGA Main.vi from the Project Explorer window to the Open FPGA VI Reference VI function." Can anyone elaborate on what is supposed to happen here? BTW, the target hardware that I'm trying to make this work on is a cRIO-9068 with some C series I/O modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,637 Views)

@hshane wrote:

the instruction to "Drag FPGA Main.vi from the Project Explorer window to the Open FPGA VI Reference VI function." Can anyone elaborate on what is supposed to happen here?

You are trying to set the FPGA reference that will be opened in the RT.  You should see the VI Icon of the FPGA VI your dragged show up in the Open FPGA VI Reference.  Alternatively, you could drag the generated FPGA bit file into the Open FPGA VI Reference.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hshane

I eventually stumbled across the answer. For anyone else who might run into this problem, the attached screenshot is worth a thousand words.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,605 Views)