LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRV FFT Spectrum

Hello, Iam trying to perform HRV FFT Spetrcum analysis on filtered ECG Signal, i am facing 1 major problem which is acquiring the RR intervals from the filtered rectified ECG Signal, i have tried to look this up a lot on the internet and tried a lot of things that did not yield to promissing results. Can somebody suggest the most efficient way to extract RR intervals from filtered rectified ECG wave?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,618 Views)

Hi Ayman162,

What software are you using?  Would it be possible to use arrays to analyze the data? If so, you can use logic combinations to look at the y-values in the array. If we are expecting the peak of the QRS complex to be about 1 mV, we can start using comparison logic when the values exceed .8 mV for example. Then when the y-value (n) is LESS than y-value (n-1), we can store the timestamp associated with the (n-1) value. The next time we get a timestamp from the peak of the QRS complex, we just subtract the first timestamp from it to get the RR interval.

I didn't get a chance to look through this page, but at first glance it seems like it might be helpful, so I thought I'd include it:

http://www.physionet.org/tutorials/hrv/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,571 Views)