From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tree item to another tree!

hi,

does anyone know if there is a function which can copy selected items from a tree to another. i know that there is a drag & drop function that can handle this, but with this function i can drop this items everywhere on my frontpanel, i don't want this. so i thought about a function that can copy all selected items from a tree to another by clicking a button. and with another button you can delete these copied item again. 

how can i do this? i read in a post, that there is a function called "CopyTreeItem" that can do these things but just in labwindows, but i don't have this software!

hope someone can help me,

thanks a lot,

simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,529 Views)

Simon Gabriel wrote:

i read in a post, that there is a function called "CopyTreeItem" that can do these things but just in labwindows, but i don't have this software!

Now, I m into more confusion...

Do you want this to be done in LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI? Smiley Indifferent

Both are different programming languages. If it is the latter, this is NOT the correct forum to get optimal responses. Smiley Wink

If it is LabVIEW, then also you must have it to do it. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,510 Views)

no, i don't want to do this in labwindows.

i want to programm it in labview, but i'm not sure how to handle it!

so i'm pleased about any reply.

thanks,

simon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,486 Views)

See the attached VI.

Modify as per your req...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,462 Views)

thanks for your help,

i'll try your example and modify it for my problem.

regards,

simon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,447 Views)