LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timestamp

I don't know anything about fieldpoint 3.0.2 except how to view some of the data coming into it.  Our problem is that when we went on DST our timestamps changed from EST to EDT +1.  It's probably coming from the black box we are collecting data from but I'm not sure about that.  This data is directed to our PI historian via an OPC interface and PI tosses any data coming in that is timestamped in the future.  How can I change the timestamp to DST before the data is sent to PI?. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Hi KapStone,

If I understand what you mean, you have two options:

1) Reset the time on the Fieldpoint so that it matches this other device. Please see this knowledgebase for instructions on how to change the time on a real-time controller.
2) Once the data has been acquired but before it has been sent to this PI Historian, wire the timestamp into a subtract, and wire in a numeric constant with value 3600 into the other terminal of the subtract. What comes out will be the time minus one hour.

Best regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,428 Views)

Hello Sam,

Just to give you a sense of my experience with Fieldpoint, last week I did not know that Fieldpoint was running on one of our servers.  I'm in the IT department and I normally don't get involved with the interfaces between the DCS and the OPC interface.

I'd like to try to set the time to match the device but I have not been able to locate the time function using Fieldpoint Explorer.  

Can you point me in the right direction? 

Thank you.

Jay @ Kapstone

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,404 Views)
Hi Jay,

I am not too familiar with the Fieldpoint Explorer, as that is a little older than the current method of dealing with FieldPoint, which is in the Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Some questions:
Do you need to change the time of the FieldPoint or do you have access to the LabVIEW application to decrement the time in software? Which FieldPoint controller is this?

Best regards,

-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,390 Views)