LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing subVI DAQmx Create AI Channel TEDS(sub_.vi DAQmx Create Channel( TEDS-AI-Voltage-Basic). vi.

Hi,

I have seen several discussion regarding this topic, however it seems that none of the solutions are working for me. Here is my situation, i am using LabView 7.1 which I use to generate my .EXE, when I generate my .EXE I use the Tab Intaller Settings to generate the Setup.msi. I then take the folder which contains the .EXE and the installer and bring it over to another machine which is running VM Ware with a freshly installed windows XP. (to make sure nothing is on the machine and then i get surprise at the custormer's site)

Once this was done, i would start by lauching the installer and then the .EXE the result was the following, I would get the following message:

******************************************************************************************
Missing subVI DAQmx Create Task.vi in VI instance      1    3tst
.vi.
Missing subvI DAQmx Create channel (TEDS-AI-Voltage-Basic).vi
in VI Instance 1   3tst.vi.
Missing subVI DAQmx Create Channel( AI-Voltage-Basic).vi in VI
instance    1   3tst.vi
Missing subVI DAQmx Timing(Sample Clock).vi in VI instance
1   3 tst.vi
Missing subVI DAQmx Read(Analog 1D Wfm NChan nSamp).vi in
Vi instance   1   3tst
******************************************************************************************

then as suggested in other discussions of this forum I download (537MB) and installed
on the target machine (VM Ware) the nidaq710 which i downloaded from
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/C1F802E457EA042586256DD00001B0C9?opendocument&node=132070_US

This did solve some problems BUT I am still getting the following message when I launch the EXE

Missing subVI DAQmx Create AI Channel TEDS(sub).vi in VI DAQmx Create
Channel(TEDS-AI-Voltage-Basic).vi.

Thank you
Maldini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,314 Views)

Hi Maldini,

Thank you for posting to the NI forums.  Is the VM Ware PC using the same operating system as the development PC?  Also, are you using DAQmx 7.1 on the development computer, or are you using a more recent version?  When distributing applications, the driver version on the deployment PCs must match the driver version of the development PC. 

If this is already the case, then you shouldn’t be receiving any of these error messages.  There are few things that may fix this problem.

1. Reinstall the DAQmx driver.
  2. Perform a repair install the DAQmx driver on the deployment computer.
  3. Upgrade the DAQmx driver on both the development and the deployment PCs.

With Windows XP and LabVIEW 7.1, you are able to use the latest version of DAQmx, which is currently DAQmx 8.5.

After going through these steps, please post back if you continue to have problems.

Ed W.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,287 Views)
Hi,

I have tried to re-install the nidaq710 package on both the development and target computer, with out any success still the same error. I then decided, since we just purchased the latest version of NI Lab View 8.2, that i would install it, on both my computers. So i have uninstalled everything from both computer. Re-install using the CD's "Device Driver Reference Cd" on the target computer and the CD Developement System and Application Builder on the dev computer.

Now my issue is, in the version 7.1 you had a tab with would create the installer for the target PC, what happen to it in the version 8.1. If I bring my .EXE to the target and lauch it, even though I have installed the Device Driver Ref CD it obviously still needs the runtime installed. How do i generate the installer.

Once this is done I am hopping that I won't get the save error message.

Tx
maldini
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,285 Views)

Hi,

In LabVIEW 8.0 and later, building distributable applications requires the use of a LabVIEW project.  You can create the project by selecting File >> New Project…

Once the project is created, you can add the VIs that you use in your application.  There will be a section Build Specifications.  After you’ve created the executable, you can create the installer by right clicking on the Build Specifications.  Once the dialog bog is open, you will see a tab for Additional Installers.  It is here that you can specify DAQmx to install with the application. 

For clarity, I’ve attached a screenshot of this.  Post back if you have further questions.

Ed W.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,267 Views)