LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time delay

hi,

i need a transfer function of exp(-sL) =exp(-1.047j) as i treat (s=jw) where j is imaginery, w is the frequency. i have tried to run it but there is error in the output as i did not get what i want due to the fact that it is delay in the frequency domain. therefore i will not be able to achieve it.

so i change it into a time delay where my delay time is 1.047.

am i in the right track?

thanks!

Message Edited by nonmm on 03-12-2008 04:40 AM

Message Edited by nonmm on 03-12-2008 04:41 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,165 Views)

Message Edited by nonmm on 03-12-2008 04:53 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,155 Views)
hi,

i need a transfer function of exp(-sL) =exp(-1.047j) as i treat (s=jw) where j is imaginery, w is the frequency. i have tried to run it but there is error in the output as i did not get what i want due to the fact that it is delay in the frequency domain. therefore i will not be able to achieve it.

so i change it into a time delay where my delay time is 1.047.

am i in the right track?

i have tried to use the time delay symbol but what do i input into the time delay symbol? i am confused.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,155 Views)
Hi there,

This is more of a math question.

I believe you are trying to extract t (or tao)

I found this website online, please take a look at Time Shift row of the table

You need to figure out the variables and values first.

Good luck

Van L
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,116 Views)
    yup.. a time shift. so how do i get this going? i am really stuck in this. 😞
let say i sample at 1 ms and i need a delay of 1000ms.
how to i code this shift?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,104 Views)
Hi. I got something to ask regarding this as well.
I'm supposed to do a time delay for my signal. but i do not know how i can present the formula exp(-jwt) where t is the delay. I had tried performing an exponential function to my phase (exp(jw) and multiplied it to (exp(t)) to achieve exp(-jwt), but then the waveform i gotten is a change in the magnitude and not the phase.
Can someone help me with this as well?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,831 Views)
haha, i bet you both are in the same linear systems class
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,823 Views)
nah i do not know him.. lol..
it's a coincidence that we are actually doing the same stuff.. haha
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,811 Views)
well i am assuming that both of you are doing some kind of fourier transforms and in the signal processing and waveform conditioning there are fast fourier transform VIs that you can throw generated waveforms into and then display those on a graph.  i suggest playing with those VIs to try to get what you guys need.  i even think there are the reverse of those as well.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,790 Views)
Just a thought.  Is your signal a 1-D array or a waveform?  If it's a waveform, that could be the source of your problem.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,780 Views)