LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third party device communication (technifor)

Solved!
Go to solution

hi ...

i currently working on project that is i have to communicate engraving device(thechnifor) to host PC  via TCP IP but i unable communicate with that device  in tcp read tool produce error The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit  same thing happen when i try with visa tool read write tool.But it is working NI MAX TCP IP visa test panel  i can send and receive  command via that test panel.. error occur connect via lab view  

sorry for bad English 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,036 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RoBo_k

Apply a proper termination character to your command when sending it. The VISA Interactive Control panel behaves mostly like a terminal adding this termination character automatically as that is what most interactive commands require. When using the TCP/IP nodes directly LabVIEW does not limit you to talk to only specific devices but leaves everything up to you to program explicitly.

Depending on your device you want to add a line feed (\r), carriage return (\r) or a combination of both (\r\n). You can either get these constants from the string palette or add them yourself to a string constant by right clicking on it and select "\ Codes Display"

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 3
(2,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RoBo_k

thanks for reply 

i give proper termination char in my cmd like "ls\r" .

i able get this from visa tcp ip test panel which give a list of files in that device. 

unfortunately unable get output via in labview help me that case ..

when try to sent a cmd labview and cmd sent and get return count from tcp ip or visa tool but try to read for that cmd time out comes ...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,019 Views)