LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thermostat operation

O'k, I'm trying to purchase a thermostat that I can incorporate with a serial data/logger and complete my loop of climate control with the feedback.  Now, I know that some thermostats that are pc operable come with their own sensors.  Unfortunetly, I have to put this sensor to work since it's very costly and precise.  Just wondering if anyone has encountered such an issue, and if yes how do I tackle that.  Now I have a set of commands to which the data logger applies, but most of the programmable thermostats are controled via ethernet cable and don't interface with the serial (RS-232 stuff) all that easy.

Vadim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,243 Views)

Vadim:

Googling "thermostat" + "RS-232" brings up lots of pages for thermostats with RS-232 and/or RS-485 interfaces.

With the information given, that's about all I can suggest for now, hope it helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,233 Views)
I have used Eurotherm temperature controllers in the past.  They are very accurate, work with a variety of sensors, and can be ordered with serial communications.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,223 Views)
As for information given, If u tell me what else could be helpful I would provide more.  As for thermostats with rs-232, I don't think I care about a thermostat being connectied throught the serial port, rather than ethernet port, I just want to combine the sensor at hand with thermostat I would purchase.  For that I envision that I would need some thermostat software that would be able to be scripted in order to control the sensor.  Or I would need a set of comand for the thermostat, that would enable me to controll it, and this way I could right some programm in Labview or VB.

Vadim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,206 Views)
You need to tell us what sensor you have.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,199 Views)

Googling "thermostat" + "ethernet" also brings up lots of products and links. Command set should typically be provided in the documentation for the device.

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,194 Views)
http://www.veriteq.com/validation-data-loggers/validation-humidity-specs.htm

Model 2000, temperature and humidity logger
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,190 Views)
I was pretty clear to the company I spoke to, that I need a command set to be able to do what I want (that's for the thermostat), and they won't tell me.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,190 Views)
I'm confused.  What are you using the temperature data logger for?  You say you need a thermostat, but that implies a device that measures temperature and controls an output.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,186 Views)
The thermostat needs to be calbrated by this sensor/logger; therefore, we don't care what the thermostat measures, and we are only interested in what the logger measures
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,183 Views)